Spirited Sloppy Joe's
Spirited Sloppy Joe's with both our Vodka & Italian Tomato Ketchup and our Cabernet Sauvignon Steak Sauce; premium ingredients and premium liquor to elevate this classic sandwich far, far beyond its name. You can use beef, turkey or Beyond Meat to meet your lean and healthy requirements.
- Spirit & Co. Vodka & Italian Tomato Ketchup
- 1lb prime organic ground beef
- 1/2 cup stock (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 small organic red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon, tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon, garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon, Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoon, soft brown sugar
- 4 sesame brioche buns
- olive oil
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Add the onion and red pepper and continue to stir for four minutes or more, breaking up the mince as you stir.
Add the tomato paste and the stock, and incorporate into the dish. Add all the seasonings and continue to stir. Finally, add a dash of either Vodka & Italian Tomato Ketchup, or our Cabernet Sauvignon & Steak Sauce.
You can of course add a nice shot of vodka for some extra tang and spiciness, but be sure to simmer the sauce down and cook out the alcohol before serving.
Toast the brioche buns and add the mix into the bun. Et voila, some delicious Sloppy Joe's!
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed it, hit the share button below. This means a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.