Vegetarian Cowboy Baked Beans made with the inclusion of Irish Whiskey & Honey Mustard and Bourbon & Smokey Bacon BBQ Sauce. A great party recipe that can be made ahead of time and holds well warm.
- 32oz (2 cans), baked beans (your favorite brand)
- 16oz (1 can), kidney beans, drained
- 16oz (1 can), lima beans, drained
- 16oz (1 can), black beans, drained
- 16oz (1 can), cannellini beans, drained
- 1-1/2 cups, vegetable stock
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp, tomato paste
- 2 tbsp, Spirit & Co.’s Irish Whiskey & Honey Mustard
- 2 tbsp, Spirit & Co.’s Bourbon & Smokey Bacon BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp, brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop the onions and dice both the red pepper and garlic. Add the onions, red pepper garlic into a large stovetop pan, along with a generous splash of cooking oil. Brown for 5-6 minutes until translucent.
Add the tomato paste, warm through and incorporate with the onions, then add the vegetable stock. Add the baked beans, including the liquid from the can. Next, drain all the other beans and add into the pan.
Add all remaining ingredients, including Spirit & Co.’s sauces, then top up with water until all the beans are only just covered.
Turn up the heat, bring to a boil, and simmer on a low heat for 45-60 minutes.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed it, hit the share button below. This means a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.